Saturday, September 17, 2005

At last...

The truth comes out. The destruction of the Gulf Coast is all Ellen Degeneres' fault. I found it via the very fabulous Shakespeare's Sister, who found it on the way-too-cool TBogg.

Pat Robertson said:
“This is the second time in a row that God has invoked a disaster shortly before lesbian Ellen Degeneres hosted the Emmy Awards,” Robertson explained to his approximately one million viewers. “America is waiting for her to apologize for the death and destruction that her sexual deviance has brought onto this great nation.”

The first time, apparently, was 9-11.
Pat Robertson is a fucking idiot.

Behold the all-encompassing power of our lesbian sexuality. Tremble, weak-kneed and wanting, before us queers! BWahHahhAaahahahaaaaa!!!!


(Okay--the article is really satire. It's a fake. Robertson didn't actually say that stuff. The scary part is that it's completely believable that he would. *sigh*)

13 comments:

Jill said...

O.M.G. I have to go check all the links and see whether this is a joke or not. What brain matter were these people born with that led them to say such idiotic things and make such idiotic connections? Wow. Thanks, Mac.

Dr. Richard Scott Nokes said...

Mac,

It's satire. I've seen the original site.

Mac said...

It is satire--and I was going to come back and update the post to that effect--after I had everyone going a bit.

The scary part is that it's so very believable.

Okay. You know what?--the whole idea seemed MUCH funnier in the middle of the night. Apologies.

Anonymous said...

I totally believed it until I saw the disclaimer. Sad.

Tish Grier said...

satire or not, there were plenty of whackjob penticostals saying that the flooding in N.O. was God's Divine Retribution. Talk about totally un-Christian thinking!

I'm so sick of hearing that kind of crap from uneducated numbskulls parading around as god's chosen that I'm ready to go back and get my M.Div just so I can ream them all new ones.

Lori A. Basiewicz said...

You're warped, you know that, don't you? :)

Mac said...

Awwwww--Carrie, I dunno. You don't think the Red Sox are kinda sweet? The whole underdog thing, you know...

Anonymous said...

GO SOX!!! Down w/ Robertson!!!

ohdawno said...

Pat's always been a fringie IMO but his ministry used to do some good works (ages and ages ago before it turned completely political). Now that he's completely senile it's all out the window.

Tish, if you get that M.Div I'll be there in the front pew for your first sermon!

Jill said...

I'm so sorry, Mac. I should've warned you - I'm perhaps the most gullible person on the face of the earth. I hate April Fool's Day - no, I live in DREAD of April Fool's Day. And my brothers were MERCILESS with me.

Mac said...

It's okay Jill, I should have used better judgement. My baby sister is much like you--gullible beyond all reason. *evil grin*

I'm afraid I exploited her belief at pretty much every opportunity.

Lori A. Basiewicz said...

You know he's sponsoring law schools now in order to bring Christianity back into the legal process, don't you? (And, no, I'm not pulling anyone's leg.)

Torgo said...

And did you see the one where they made up a story about him saying they should assassinate Hugo Chavez, you know, for being moderately left-wing and having oil? I laughed my ass off. What's that, sorry? Oh.