Monday, August 16, 2004

Returning

I'm not sure what's happened to my brain. I call it and call it, but it never answers.

I've decided to rejoin civilization. I'm moving back to Seattle at the end of September. I've resigned my despised copy-writing job. Perhaps I shall be a bartender. Or a ditch-digger. Or a rodeo clown. Although I don't think the Seattle job market has a lot of openings for rodeo clowns.

I even recently re-acquired a cell phone, having thrown the last one into the White Salmon River some years ago, when it annoyed me by ringing. I figure if I just don't give the number to anyone, I can prevent this phone from suffering the same horrible fate.

I haven't broken the news to Pippin-the-mutt yet. He won't be pleased, I'm thinking. He rather likes his gigantic backyard in the country.

No comments: