Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Interesting Note:

Here's the thing: I really don't sleep. Usually I manage to balance not sleeping, life, and sleeping just enough to get by. Occasionally, though, I find myself approaching something like a ratio of sixty waking hours to, oh, three sleeping hours.

Like now.

This has relevance because I just reread the UFO post, which went up in the wee hours of the morning--around 3:30, in fact. I really have very little recollection of writing it, or what I was thinking about WHILE I wrote it--and moreover, I seem to have been just barely lucid at the time.

Heh. Human brains are very funny.

4 comments:

Dawno said...

You might be pleased to know that your blog written the other day (or was it night?)while sleep deprived sparked a vague remembrance of something cosmological I read in the Stephen Baxter "Manifold" trilogy. (Should there have been a comma somewhere in that? I'm terrible with commas)

Thus I went on one of those amazing research trips that only Google, hyperlinks and Wikipedia can give one while still in the comfort of ones home.

I am now completely fascinated by the anthropic principle and the "Carter prediction" or catastrophe - that one was a bit hard to track down as Google kept hitting on Jimmy Carter stuff.

apropos of almost nothing this Hawking quote I came upon delights me "Why does the universe go to all the bother of existing?" (Hawking, 1988)."

Hope you don't mind that I'm going to use a great deal of this comment in my own blog tonite. :-)

Mac said...

Not at all, Dawno! And I just saw that I got a comment-spam, too! w00t! I feel like I've been discovered!

not.

Removing the spam, and looking forward to readingyour blog entry, Dawno.

Nique Zool said...

Sleeping is for when life is not as good as your dreams.

Thats what I say.
(lol, thats pathetic coming from the wet dream seeker Nique)

take care,
Nique
x

Mac said...

Ah--Nique, still no luck with the wet dream? Are you still abstaining from carnal release?

I thought it would've happened for you, by now...heh. *grin*