Thursday, July 15, 2004

oh...my...gawd...

I got a rather nasty forwarded email from a casual friend, a few days ago.  Still haven't decided why on earth she felt compelled to send it to ME, of all people.  The gist of it reads as follows:
 
(heavily edited for general idiocy)
 
Subject line:  HELL YEAH!!!
 
Bet you stand up and say HELL YEAH! after you read this.
 
I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge          with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting out babies.
 
Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. Youcan kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban youfrom driving to the ball game.
 
I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason,that is whythere are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts!
 
I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia,it is an opinion.
 
I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.
 
The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory arethings like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black EntertainmentTelevision, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United CaucasianCollege Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.
 
 I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack ofcigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, ifyou want to be an American citizen you should have to speak English!.
 
I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass ifyou threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the order"freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.
 
I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliationrecount votes when needed.
 
 I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of all the suck ups that go along with it. I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born inAfrica, so how can they be "African Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am aEuropean-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather wasfrom Europe.
 
 I am proud to be from America and no where else.   And if you don't like my point of view, tough!  GET OVER IT!!! WAKE UP WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A COUNTRY TO WAKE UP TO.
 
I'm not standing.  And I'm not saying "Hell, Yeah."  *Sigh*  Why is it always so uphill to get people to realize that sanity and tolerance takes a lot more courage than the above kind of crap?  And I am terrified that this particular bit of hateful garbage expresses the opinions of the majority of Americans.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

Wow!...What is most disturbing is not what they have written, but the fact that they don't see how limiting and dangerous this sort of thinking is!

Anonymous said...

Wow... I have a bad feeling you could probably purchase a confederate flag from those people's online store "WhiteIsRight.com" YIKES. That's just sad.